A Paradise for MBA Aspirants
|Inform Others||UrMBA Group||Advertise Here|
XAT 8th Jan 2006 :
The sections were as follows :
XAT 2005 had 175 question + 1 essay to be written in 120 minutes +20 minutes. There was negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong answer.
75 questions on Quantitative Aptitude
35 questions on General Awareness
65 questions on Verbal Ability
No Sectional time limits. No question on permutation and combinations. Many question on DI. In GK a lot of questions relating to commerce and industry .
XAT 2004 had of 3 sections on Quant, English and GK. 60 question on Quant , 80 questions on English and 60 questions on GK making a total of 200 questions. The paper was of 2 hours and there was negative marking. There were some question on DI . In Quantitative section there was importance given to questions on functions, permutation and combination, probability and sequences & series. There was a time limit for each section and you were not suppose to go back and attempt the section for which the time is over.
GK is usually from History, Geography, Science, Indian constitution, global business environment, major global events etc. One should also know the names of the top business executives who have been in news recently, punch lines of advertisements, mergers and acquisition details etc.
Sample XAT essay topics :
1. Flattery is the infantry of negotiation.
2. All boats rise in high tide.
3. If you think you can, you are right. If you think you can't, it will soon be proved right.
4. There is always a room for improvement.
5. Success is a matter of luck. Ask anybody who failed.
6. If I have 6 hours to chop down a tree, I will spend 5 hours sharpening my axe.
7. Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you have just today.
8. Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.-- Warren Buffet
9. The greatest risk is not taking one.
10. Winning is not the main thing. It is the only thing.
|A Paradise for MBA Aspirants|